Saturday 12 July 2014

Many of us have fallen so deeply in love with some social network platforms - as they have filled the gap of potential loneliness.

Many of us have fallen so deep in love with our gadgets - mobile phones, laptop computers etc and can hardly divorce ourselves from them - whether at work, home, on the road and even in bed or while tub-bathing.

This is because such facilities give us platforms to remain connected, engaged and in touch with our loved ones, friends and work mates. Social networks or online platforms - have filled the gap of potential loneliness that some of us might have been experiencing - they have given us a chance to express ourselves even if you don't physically have an audience - they sooth us and release some potential pressures through texting, sharing through various linkages.

I for one find so much solace in mainly blogging and face-booking - and get so much fun and satisfaction from texting - as such platforms allow me to sharpening my writing skills as continuing to write can in a way help you to remember to write some words, construct sentences and force me to think deep about the subject I am writting....

That's why today, I still remain so thankful that I attended a Web 2.0 training course organized by both University of Namibian and CTA - conducted by one of the world's great online platform trainers, Mr. Simunza Muyangana.... since that time, I love blogging and skipping a week without blogging leaves such an urge and gap reminding me that I have to find a topic to blog about.

The world has really changed so much nowadays - especially in the ICT sector....unlike those days when you would want to find out how a particular event might have been managed, today, you can get a video of that event instantly, you can get still pictures, a person attending that event, whether your sister's baby baptism can text you in the midst of it to explain what is going and there are so many other methods...and I just love it ... I am also in the midst of it -- and have vowed not to remain behind by the what technology offers.

I am therefore one of those that have deeply fallen in love with web facilities and platforms -- and while I am aware of risks such opportunities bring along, I chose to only focus on what adds value to me, my people, communities, countries and the world. I believe internent and web platforms have more benefits to offer than the other side of the coin...

All you need is to be well organized - not to neglect other aspects of your life by only being bogged down by the NET - by being time management wise, have your facilities - mobile phone or laptop computer, have credit for your internet usage and a great area where you can have fun by making use of these great opportunities .....

Good bye loneliness, welcome social network platforms...

No comments:

Post a Comment