Saturday 25 July 2015

Let's credit the names of the photographers who have taken the pictures we use or pose on our online pages as a way to appreciate their work.

Dear Cyber friends, in journalism, content (audio-visual or print) is usually attributed, or recognized or credited. For example, if I use a picture photographed by someone else, I need to credit that person. If I use the text formulated or originated by another writer, I must attribute that by recognizing his or work. Those in the media know this already, but for those that might need, let's start to do so.

Therefore, the aim of my post is to encourage fellow cyber users on this page and my friends in particular - those who might find this worth it to start crediting the people who have taken the pictures, video, written the text or any art or design. That is one way of appreciating their work and growing as well as inspiring them.

You might probably be thinking or want to ask this question?

What about a "selfie", I am also encouraging ourselves to credit selfies - because such a selfie could be shared by so many friends and it is just good to credit the person who took the selfie, thereby also appreciating his or her self-photo taking skills.

Again, the author of this post is basically assisting those who need this advice that by crediting the work of others, we also encourage them to do more next time.

In Journalism if a person uses the work of others without crediting or attributing their names to it, it is called plagiarism and that must be avoided at all time.

This platform is an opportunity for us all to exchange ideas and learn from one another, empower and inspire one another. This is one reason why I authored this piece.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting topic you are treading on Menesia. Thanks for the heads-up. I have been thinking hard and long about how I should credit if the contributors name is not available. So I usually just write : Courtesy Google Images. Not sure if that suffices.

    But you can visit my blog and comment. I will appreciate. bonoswrites.blogspot.com

    Love and light..

    ReplyDelete