Wednesday 25 May 2016

Africa Day, 25 May 2016

Happy Africa Day.

I am an African. My African roots are deep in me. My diversity is pure. My culture speaks loud about inclusivity, unity and diversity, hospitality, humility, and democracy, peace and stability. I respect and recognize fellow Africans, my co-human kind - knowing that Africa is not an island and will never survive in isolation and that the World is a Global Village. I am an African on a the People's Continent and Planet - forming a web of living beings who need to hold hands in the spirit of Harambee - Pulling in One Direction.

I am a living Namibian, an African and World citizen - who might physically differ from the next person because of my uniqueness, but my physical blood is the same and flow exactly like that of my neighbour. My needs to live and survive - such as oxygen to inhale, shelter or roof over my head , entitlement to have a name, human rights, freedom of speech and movement - coupled with responsibility etc are similar to the next human being. Therefore, I am because you are.

The African spirit, uunhu as I will call it in one of the languages spoken in Namibia, Oshiwambo (Oshikwanya) which if roughly translated mean "the being or to be " or human being. That's who we are, how you and me are, and the next person. Your colour can be black, white or yellow, but we are all human.

We are one, and remain entangled in the "uunhu" or ubuntu-ness - therefore, we need to recognize that and appreciate our roots - join hands and develop our being setting - countries, continent and planet earth.

Happy Africa Day my fellow Africans whether you are on the content in diaspora or anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment