Tuesday 4 March 2014

CTA's Simunza S. Muyangana left a blogspot in Menesiana!

It was during the week of 27-31st January 2014, the venue was the computer laboratory at the University of Namibia's main campus in Windhoek that I met someone called Simunza S Muyangana who changed my life when it comes to knowing and grabbing opportunities the social network platforms offer - technology and technology all the way.

As a media person, I definitely knew about twitter, facebook, emailing and even bloggings. I also had accounts for all those platforms, but I had hardly used them effectively and to my own benefit and that of my official work or my community or country in general. But, before the full week ended, CTA's trainer -the web 2.0 for development expert as I called him - had made sure that some of us had awaken to the great opportunties the internet and related online platforms were granting - free of charge and only need our interest, commitment and enthusiam to benefit from them. Participants did not have to pay anything to gain that much needed knowledge - they only needed to be available - listen and see how CTA's web 2.0 expert (Simunza S Muyangana) practically demonstrated how each one of them could become a web user - sharing the basic procedures such as the registration processes, the signing up agreements, the benefits the chalenges and a lot more. All the hardwares (computers) and adequate bandwith was available...we had tea/coffee/soft drinks, biscuits during breaks and lunch and had fun at the same time....I mean we were given knowlege - and taken care of during the time we were attending the course. Isn't that really great?

Simunza S. Muyangana in UNAM's computer lab for the Web 2.0 for development in January 2014 with some of the course participants.

I loved almost all the new technologies I learnt, but it seems I have fallen more in love with blogging. As someone who loves to write, expressing herself and sharing via text - I have since then become a blog addict. My time is a bit tight, but since CTA's Simunza S Muyanga taught me how to blog, I have since made it a point to at least write one or two new posts within a week. CTA's Simunza S Muyangana has therefore left a blogspot in menesiana. My blog address is menesiana.blogspot.com - and my name is menesiana - and CTA Simunza S Muyangana has left a blogspot in me!

Since the Technical Centre for Agricultural Development and Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA) in collaboration with the University of Namibia in Windhoek held a Web 2.0 for develop training course from 27 to 31st January 2014 I have been sharing with my friends and colleagues to hidden wealth of technology in ignorance - I talk about the fact that many of us have smart phones - and access to internet, with various technology tools - and software - but because we hardly know the magnitude of how such tools could improve our daily communication with friends, customers, audiences, groups, communities and media - we continue to lag behind ... and until a person discovers that as I did - you won't really know that great feeling of technology usage fullfilment. Some might not really understand what I mean and why I am posting this content, but if you were in my shoes, you would surely know what I am talking about. Gaining knowlege is such a path to acquiring further intellect, opportunities and to achieve what you want if you pursue it. That's how I am felling -after CTA and UNAM empowered me.

My blog is still new and not really professional as I just write my thoughts as the awaken that desire - I am yet to make it more attractive, with pictures and graphs - but I am already attaining so much happiness from what I have so far achieved. It's just over one month now - and I have already created interest in some followers of my blog in the USA, Germany, Ukraine, Brazil and many other countries elsewhere, Africa and in my own country. My writing - since I at times focus on "matters of the heart" especially when it comes to youth related challenges and realities, has already touched a number of individuals at home - and I have made a difference in their lives. All these because of CTA, the trainer and the University of Namibia - I must mentioned that I have saved lives through my writing - may be one day I will be able to elaborate this.

CTA's Web 2.0 for development Expert, Mr. Simunza S. Muyangana with the owner of the menesiana.blogspot. com Mrs Menesia Muinjo.
At my work place, the CTA's training has also contributed to my confidence in terms of the multimedia expression - actually that training just came at the right time as my employer is busy converting its facilities from analogy to digital - and we are talking about broadcasting on TV, Radio and online. We are busy with online or web content development - we are busy giving buyers/advertisers value on the newly found web platforms - and having been CTA's Simunza S Muyanga's student - things have become much easier to handle and I am happy that my additional technology skills can only add value to the businesses overall mission and vision. Thank you so much CTA, UNAM and Mr. Simunza S Muyangana... since then, I have never ceased to blog - and continue to see the potential the online opportunities grant to all users, both rich and poor, young and old - as long as you have access to the web and know how to make use of such tools - and also know about the potential risks of being a users, which you clearly explained to us - such as - if you want to keep something secret, do not text, post, write, film, photograph or put it on the web - and that private and personal informaton must not be posted on this platforms.

Once again, since you taught me how to blog, you left a blgspot in menesiana! Thanking for continuing to uplift the lifes of many world residents like me - to be able to make the globle a better platform when it comes to technology usage.






No comments:

Post a Comment